Hey, everyone! I’m Kip Boyle, the Cyber Risk Strategist.
I’m an expert in cyber risk management and the President of Cyber Risk Opportunities, LLC.
As a former Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), I will help you quickly turn nasty cyber security headaches into fully managed business risks so your business can go faster!
Here are my most significant roles:
- CISO at PEMCO Insurance, a $350 million personal-lines property and casualty insurance company
- CSO at PEMCO Corporation, a IT service provider for Seattle-based financial institutions
- CSO at PEMCO Technologies, a leading credit and debit card transaction processor for the credit union industry
- Project Leader in the Information Security Group at Stanford Research Institute (SRI) International
- Manager of IT Operations for Expeditors International, a $9 billion global logistics firm
- Information Security Officer in the US Air Force, most notably as the Director of Wide Area Network security for the F‑22 Advanced Tactical Fighter
- Senior Security Architect at a high-end managed web hosting, private networking, and Content Delivery Network provider
I earned the Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) and Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP) credentials.
I’m a co-author of chapter 68, “Outsourcing Security Functions,” in The Computer Security Handbook, 5th & 6th Editions.
And, I’ve taught information security skills to hundreds of students all over the world in venues such as:
- Information Security Forum (ISF)
- International Information Integrity Institute (I‑4)
- Norwich University, Master of Science in Information Assurance
- The Open Group
- SANS Institute
- US Air Force
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Motorola University
- University of Washington, Continuing Professional Education program
- Hong Kong Jockey Club
- MIS Training Institute
- Washington State Department of Information Services (DIS)
OK, if you’re still reading, I earned my B.S. in Computer Information Systems at the University of Tampa, an M.S. in Management at Troy State University, and a graduate certificate in Executive Leadership from Seattle University.